Categories

Monday 19 November 2012

I’m Back….!


 
Hello my lovelies!

It’s been what seems like forever since I have written. I had to take a bit of a hiatus due to some crazyness that happened in my life. I will possibly write about this later, but right now I’m not in the right frame of mind to talk about it.

This past weekend I started a juice cleanse to help me detox after my recent issues. My body feels and looks polluted. That is possibly the best way I can describe it. I gained a bunch of weight, my skin looks/is disgusting, my psoriasis is acting up and I just have an overwhelming feeling of BLAH.

If any of you have ever watched “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” on NetFlix, you would know how amazing a juice detox is. If you haven’t seen it, please watch it. These two guys are crazy awesome and changed their lives for the better. The main juice I’ve been drinking is the “Mean Green” from the documentary.

Saturday morning I woke up to the sound of the juicer going. My handsome hubby was hard at work making me (and him) a few days worth of fresh fruit and veggie juice. My plan is that for the next 14 days, I’ll have this juice throughout the day and then have a small, clean, healthy dinner. 

The juice is pretty simple, easy to make and it packed full of vitamins and good stuff to help your organs do what they need to.

So what’s in the juice? Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Granny Smith Apple, Ginger, Lemon. There are a few other juices we made so there is variety. Another one is Cranberry, Blackberry, Clementine, Lime. This one is soooo bitter and sour lol. I have to mix it with the Mean Green! We also made a Carrot, Apple one that is soooo yummy. Just throw whatever you have in the juicer and off you go!

I’ll keep you posted on my progress:)





Here is a quick outfit shot for my first day back to the office after my ordeal. You might recognize the skirt is one from this post, a lovely gift from my girl Cynthia. I think its super cute and it doesn’t wrinkle!

Skirt – Forever 21 – Old. Similar Here
Black T-Shirt – Old Navy. Here
Black Sweater – Second Hand Store (care of my Momma)
Black Tights – Joe Fresh
Patent Leather Skinny Belt – Dynamite – Old. Similar Here
Red Leather Booties – Aldo - Old. Similar Here





No comments:

Post a Comment