Categories

Saturday 23 February 2013

Easy Onion Potatoes


Hello Lovelies!

I'm back with a super easy recipe that I found on Pinterest a while ago, but I couldn't find it again, so I'm going on memory. It turned out pretty good, but next time I think I will make some adjustments. It has a milder taste than I was expecting because onion soup mix is pretty strong. This could be perfect for some, but I'm a more is more kind of girl, so I think next time, I will also add caramelized onions, pepper and perhaps some other seasonings.


You will need:

-Washed and cut potatoes. I used about 12 smallish ones
-1 Packet of dry onion soup mix (you could try this with ranch too or any other kind of dry mix)
-Olive Oil approx 4 tbsp you can use more or less

**side note**

I added some sauteed cabbage with garlic that I made a few days ago


Preheat oven to 450° F. I peeled my potatoes but you could leave the skin on. My potatoes were a few weeks old so peeling was the only option.

Once they are peeled, wash and dry them. Cut them into small chunks and throw them into a glass baking dish. Pour the oil over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle the soup mix over the top and toss again.

Bake for about 20 minutes, then toss them around again and bake again for about 15 more minutes. You want the potatoes to be cooked and a bit brown. If they are getting too brown before they are done cooking, you can cover with tin foil.

Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment