Categories

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Energy Bites

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and a few other blogs and in the name of healthy eating,  I thought I'd give it a try. These things are sooo good! My mum and I couldn't stop eating them haha!

The idea behind them (for me anyways) is to have something on hand that tastes naughty and sinful, but isn't actually. This should* help stop me from eating sweets when I get an urge. These are sadly not vegan, but they could be, just leave out the honey and switch up the chocolate chips for vegan chips or carob.

 There is a lot of room for interpretation. I my self, used half vegan chips and half carob chips. You can use any combination of nut butters, or you can even toast the coconut first. That would be extra yummy. I take a couple in my lunch every day when my afternoon nosh attack comes on. These kill your apprtite and stomp on your sweet tooth cravings.

What you will need:

cup rolled oats (OLD fashioned, NOT quick)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup RAW honey
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup coconut
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds (unsalted)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, OR, dark chocolate chunks
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Mix altogether and refrigerate 45 minutes to an hour
Roll into small balls and keep refrigerated...

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment