Categories

Sunday 24 February 2013

Roasted Chickpeas



Happy Sunday! I've had a pretty good weekend. Some thrifty style shopping, friends, food and drinks. Last night was out annual ladies-only martini party and as per usual it was a great time! I'm a bit dehydrated and sleepy today but all in all not in bad shape.

Today's recipe is something that I make pretty much every weekend. They are a great substitute if you feel like a savory/salty snack. A way better choice then chips. I also take them in my lunch to have as my protein with some salad or roasted veggies.

I use dried chickpeas and cook them, but canned will work just fine. Just make sure you rinse them really well and drain them for a while before baking.

What you will need:

-Cooked or canned chickpeas
-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
-Seasoning. I used Lemon Pepper seasoning, but any kind would work.



Rinse and drain your chickpeas. Preheat your oven to 350° F. Toss the chickpeas in the olive oil and spread them out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with your seasonings. Bake for an hour shaking every 20 minutes or so.


They should come out golden brown and they should be crunchy. They are good hot or cold.


Enjoy!!


2 comments:

  1. I am popping these in the oven in about 10 minutes. I will let you know how they are. I love lemon pepper. I make lemon pepper crackers using oyster crackers, and I could eat the whole bowl! So I am trying to stay low carb for now and lose those 20 lbs I gained since I retired! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Its tough at times but it will be worth once you reach your goal. Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete