Categories

Sunday 9 September 2012

Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches


Hello my lovelies!

I found this idea on Pinterest and I thought I would give it a try. I wanted to have something ready in the mornings for Terrill. He goes to work around 6:30am everyday so his breakfast routine has to be quick or he won’t eat anything.

Today I made 10 sandwiches, 6 sausage and 4 bacon.

Here is what you will need:

English muffins
Sausage patties or bacon
Eggs
Butter
Cheese slices
Tinfoil


Preheat your oven to 350° F. I cooked the eggs first. I used a muffin top pan but a muffin pan will also work. I like the muffin top pan because the eggs end up the same size as the English muffin and they are not too thick. Butter your pan and crack the eggs into it. Break the yokes and bake until they are cooked through. Remove from the oven and let them cool down completely.

Cook your bacon/sausage. I did both in the oven. Once they are cooked let them cool down completely as well.




Cut your tinfoil into sheets and place the open English muffin on a sheet. Add you cheese, an egg and your meat. Once the sandwich is built, wrap them up. I mark the outside with either a “B” or an “S” so I know which is which. Then I put them all in a Ziploc back and throw them in the freezer.




The night before, I take one out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. In the morning Terrill puts it in the toaster oven at 400° F for about 20 minutes. The English muffin gets toasty and the cheese gets melty. They are perfect :)


5 comments:

  1. Going to try this tomorrow morning they look so yummy!

    www.steffysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do! They are really good. Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your blog and I am now a follower :)

      Delete
  2. My son is in college and this would be great if he could throw it in the microwave. Do you have any suggestions for Microwave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronda, I have tried them in the microwave as well. They aren't as great but still good. I pre-toasted the english muffin before freezing the sandwich. Then I microwaved it in the morning. Since everything is already cooked, you don't have to worry about raw meat or anything. I would just get him to keep an eye on the length of time he has it in the micro. It's really easy to over cook. :)

      Delete