Categories

Friday 24 August 2012

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies



TGIF!!! I felt like baking something last night. While I could have make brownies or cupcakes, I decided to make something that I could eat and still be on my diet -Peanut Butter Cookies.

I eat Peanut Butter everyday, usually with a spoon right out of the jar. Terrill is convinced that I would die without it lol. Thank goodness that I finished school before that whole peanut ban thing. While I was eating, I was reading the recipe on the label. Peanut Butter Cookies are made with sugar, which is a no no. So I followed the recipe and replaced the sugar with Nuvella (you can use any sugar substitute). They turned out great! My mum even liked them J

Here is what you need

1 cup Peanut Butter
1 egg
½ cup sugar substitute

Preheat your oven to 325°F. Mix your ingredients together. I used a hand mixer. Roll the mix into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with a fork and bake for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Don’t over cook them. If anything, under cook them. Soft cookies are the best J

This recipe claims that it makes 24, I’m not so sure. I doubled the recipe and had about 18 lol. Ok mine were a little on the big side. Nobody has ever complained about a cookie being too big!

Happy Friday!

12 comments:

  1. I happened across this recipe on Pinterest and made them yesterday. Like you, I doubled the batch and I ended up with about 24 cookies. I used Smucker's creamy natural peanut butter, and a combination of SomerSweet and Splenda. They were yummy and soft! Also a bit crumbly, but yummy. Thanks for the recipe. It cured my fanatical peanut butter and sweets craving for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuvella and Splenda are made by treating sugar with chlorine. I would recommend just using raw sugar (less than called for of course!) because then you can at least avoid ingesting chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raw sugar would kill a diabetic like me. Peanut butter is a good source of protein although it does contain fat. I'm thinking that chlorine and fat are WAY better !

      Delete
    2. Live and let people live...it's not that hard!

      Delete
  3. Your water is treated with chlorine. Girls gotta eat. I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chlorine occurs naturally in the body, and aids in nervous system functions (in cardiac action potentials). I wouldn't want to suck on a chlorine puck but the tiny amount in splenda isn't going to kill you.

    Now for the cookies-Thanks for the recipe! I'll be trying then out tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used Truvia for sugar and added a third egg to double recipe and they were not crumbly
    Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am getting ready to bake these. They made 24+ cookies using a small cookie scoop. I can't wait until I get them out of the oven and dig in! Woohoo!!! Thank you, Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! I'll be making them SOON!!! Pinned for later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made these! So delicious! Now I just gotta figure out carb count. Thank you so much for sharing this! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. According to calorie counter there are 6.1 carbs per cookie (24 cookies per recipe)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made this exactly with truvia. They were not the best and crumbly.

    ReplyDelete