Categories

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Detox Bath




As part of my new take on health, I’m detoxing inside and out. Tonight I tried a detox bath. This type of bath dates back many many years. It’s supposed to help the body eliminate toxins and absorb minerals and nutrients.

If you know me on a personal level, you know I hate baths and that is why Terrill has the bathroom with the huge tub. I prefer a nice shower. However, I’m trying to change my ways and I think this is a good step towards all over health.

You need a couple things to turn a regular bath into a detox bath. The first thing you need is about 1-2 cups of Epsom Salt. Soaking in Epsom salts actually helps replenish the body’s magnesium levels. The sulfate flushes toxins and helps form proteins in brain tissue and joints.

Next you will need is 1-2 cups of Baking Soda. Baking soda is known for its cleansing ability and even has anti-fungal properties. It also leaves skin very soft.

You can also add things like tea bags, essential oils, dried herbs or even ginger.

Make sure the water is nice and hot and you will need about 40 minutes. It takes the first 20 minutes for the toxins to leave the body and the final 20 minute for the magnesium to be absorbed. Also do not use soap or anything like that until the end. It counter acts the benefits.

Sit back and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment