Categories

Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Incredible Shrinking Me - Day 3


Well, my migraine carried over to today so I spent most of the day sleeping. Another day wasted –le sigh. Oh well, such is the life of a migraine sufferer.

I did eat properly today, that’s for sure. I basically left my bed to eat and let me dogs out. I didn’t start feeling better until early evening. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast

A glass of water, iced coffee, hard boiled egg, ½ a bagel with plain cream cheese

Snack

Liberte Mediterranean Coconut Yogurt with chopped up fruit (pineapple, honey dew melon, blueberries, red grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe) and a glass of water.
 * Side note on the yogurt* This is seriously delicious! It tastes like something sinful, but it’s not because its yogurt! It’s thick, creamy and tastes like a tropical paradise. If you are a coconut freak like me, you have to try this.




Lunch

Water, handful of almonds (unsalted, skin on) , peanut butter and jam sandwich-sort of. I made these things called Oopsie Rolls. You can find the recipe here at Your Lighter Side. They are low carb version of a bun. I made them a few weeks ago and froze them. I used regular peanut butter, but sugar free jam.

Dinner

Baked chicken breast (Terrill had chicken legs-back attached bone in, skin on), cauliflower mashed faux-tatoes, roasted parsnips, broccoli, carrots and gravy. *Side note about the chicken* Hands down best chicken I have ever made. Terrill ate two legs and just kept saying oh my god oh my god lol. I got the original recipe here at Kitchen Bounty, but changed it as I always do. I forgot to take pictures, but here is the recipe.

You will need:

  • Chicken legs, bone in, skin on or boneless, skinless chicken breast. The baking times I’ve listed is for the chicken legs, you don’t need to cook a breast as long as this.
  • Olive Oil
  • Chopped garlic
  • Old Bay Seasoning (I bought this in the US and I’m not sure if it’s available in Canada. You can use any ‘all seasoning’ you have
  • Italian seasoning
  • Dried Rosemary
  • Salt & pepper
  • Butter
  • Wine (recipe called for white, but all I had was a Rose)
  • Franks Red Hot (mine is the kind with lime)

Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken in a baking dish and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle a good amount of all the remaining ingredients (except the butter and wine). Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 425 degrees. Add some butter to the dish and pour in some wine. The amounts don’t really matter, just do what you feel J Once the butter has melted, mix the sauce that is forming in the dish around and baste the chicken. Pop it back into the oven and bake it for another 25 minutes, basting every 5 to 10 minutes.  Once the juices run clear when you poke the meat, you know its cooked. I turned the oven off, and left the chicken in there for another 10 minutes or so. Then let the meat rest on the counter.

Snack

½ Ricotta Cheese with pure vanilla extract, Splenda and dates. This is a really delicious dessert or snack. Ricotta Cheese is low carb and high in protein. By including the dates, I added some serious vitamins, minerals and fiber to my day.

I should be back to normal tomorrow so walking will happen. I just can’t do much when my brain feels like its trying to escape my skull.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Courtney, I love your posting this journey. I love it especially because I believe that if there is something that you like then i am also likely to enjoy it. Where do you get your coconut yogourt? I love coconut and have never seen this before? Also, congrats on a great first week!

    ReplyDelete