Categories

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Spinach Pesto Pasta


This is one of my favorite meals to make, it's also one of the easiest :) I was surfing through Pinterest when I came across a pesto pasta. It looked easy enough, but I didn't have exactly what the recipe called for, so I made it up.

I tend to do that a lot, make up recipes or at least change them based on the ingredients I have or what sounds good to me.

The best cooking lesson I learned from my mum, show no fear in the kitchen. Don't be afraid to try something new or add to an existing recipe. That is how she cooks, and if I can cook half as good as she can, I'll be A-Ok.

What you will need:

1-2 Bags of Baby Spinach
1 Cup Cream or 2% milk
1 Tblsp Chopped Garlic
½ Block of Cream Cheese
½ Tblsp of Chilli Paste
1 Tblsp of Basil Paste
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Small Onions Diced
1 Bag of Pasta




Throw all the ingredients except the chicken, onion and pasta in the food processor.



Blend until its smooth and creamy.



Start to boil the water for the pasta and cook to package directions. I used fresh tortellini. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a frying pan with the onions with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle a generous amount of pepper and some salt to taste.

Once the chicken is cooked through, add the sauce to the pan and heat through. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, the sauce should be hot and starting to bubble.

That is all there is to it! I added some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.

Delicious :)


No comments:

Post a Comment