Categories

Sunday 7 October 2012

3 Ingredient Pear Cobbler



Ok, this is seriously delicious. Like lick the plate good. I made this today for Thanksgiving dinner at the in laws. It’s crazy easy and involves about as much work as sitting on the couch watching Netflix. The in laws, hubby and the rest of the fam loved it! They said it was rich and buttery. They didn’t expect it to be as light as it was.

The original recipe was a bit different from what I did. The original recipe is here. I didn’t have any canned peaches or yellow cake mix. So I used what I had. I had canned pears and Butter Pecan cake mix.

What you will need:

1 Large can of pear halves or peaches
1 Box of butter pecan cake mix. Vanilla would work here as well.
2 Sticks of butter – melted. The original receipe called for 1 stick of butter

Preheat your oven to 350° F. In a glass baking dish, empty the can of pears. Do not drain the fruit. I cut the halves into 4 or 5 pieces and placed them all over the bottom of the dish.

Next empty the dry cake mix onto the pears and cover the pears evenly. Melt the butter in the microwave and then pour it over the cake mix. Bake at 350° F for about 50 minutes.

I made some whipped cream and served that on top. I always add a little vanilla and sweetener when I make whipped cream. You want to whip the cream until it stands up on its own.

It’s that simple folk!



P.S I wish I had taken better/more pictures. I have this bad habit of forgetting until the food is already done:(


1 comment:

  1. easy and looks delish!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete