Categories

Tuesday 26 June 2012

I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts...

There is a lot of buzz about Coconut Oil. Its all over Pinterest and featured in magazines. There was even a news report about Coconut Oil helping to reverse Alzheimers. As far as I'm concerned, Coconut Oil is the greatest health and beauty product ever!!

I have been using it for about a year. I eat it, I wear it, I live it. I use it as a moisturizer when I get out of the shower and I even put it on my face. I have super oily skin and I'm acne prone and this stuff works great! It doesn't clog your pores and it actually doesn't make your skin greasy. I also use it in my hair once a week as a treatment. I try to ingest some everyday, either in my coffee (its actually really good), on low carb toast or in my morning smoothie.

The particular brand I buy is Nutiva. You can find it here for a pretty good price. When looking for coconut oil, you have to make sure that it is virgin (unrefined), organic and cold pressed.  Any coconut oil that has been refined has gone through heat processing that makes it loose its goodness.

Coconut oil is Anti-bacterial ( kills bacteria that causes certain infections), Anti-microbial ( contains medium chain fatty acids (similar to that in breast milk) which is like a super hero in the anti-microbial world, Anti-fungal (kills fungi and yeast), Anti-inflammatory (suppresses inflammation).

Here is just a few things coconut oil can do for you:

  • After Shave – coconut oil will help heal your skin after shaving without clogging pores.
  • Chapstick – just rub a little into lips and it not only acts as a softening agent but it also has an SPF of about 4 so you get a little protection!
  • Bug Bites – when applied directly to a bug bite, coconut oil can stop the itching and burning sensation as well as hasten the healing process.
  • Dandruff – coconut oil soaks into the scalp moisturising dry skin and relieves symptoms of dandruff.
  • Hair conditioner/ Deep Treatment – massage the oil into your hair and scalp, cover with a shower cap and leave on for a few hours or over night.
  • Oily Skin Fix – Use a pea sized amount underneath makeup or alone to reduce the appearance of oil.
  • Skin Problems – coconut oil relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
  • Stretch Mark Cream – coconut oil is great at nourishing damaged skin. It may not be the magic stretch mark cure but it will help.
  • Sun Burn Relief – rub liberal amounts of coconut oil into the affected area to help soothe and speed up the healing.
  • Wrinkle Prevention and Wrinkle Reducer – rubbing coconut oil on wrinkles and sagging skin helps strengthen the connective tissues to bring back that youthful look!
  • Breastfeeding – for breastfeeding moms, consuming 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil daily will enrich the milk supply.  
  • Digestion - the saturated fats in coconut oil help control parasites and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.

Need another reason to start using this stuff?  This video will seal the deal. Alzheimers runs in my family and this Doctor has found that coconut oil has actually reversed some of the symptoms of Alzheimers! Amazing. Simply amazing

Check out this video from CBN on Coconut Oil

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/mp4/LJO190v1_WS




For more information on coconut oil please visit Wake Up World  




No comments:

Post a Comment